Wednesday, September 21, 2011

28 Hours Post-Surgery

Its now 2:30pm. I'm feeling more pain now and would rate my pain level at a 6. Its becoming uncomfortable. When I move my foot or boot, there is an ache and sometimes sharp pains just below the big toe joint. The numbing is almost completely wore off. I think my big toe itself is the only thing numb now. The joint is becoming not numb. So I decided to take 2 Ibuprofens at 2:00pm between my Demerol doses to try and alleviate some of the pain. I'm able to feel the swelling and pressure on my foot and the boot seems to feel tight. I took the boot off to see if I can loosen the ACE bandage some to try and relieve some of the pressure on my foot. I re-wrapped the ACE bandage as loosely as possible and that seemed to help. Having the boot off for a few minutes feels good too, but I need to make sure and not walk at all without my boot on. I think the swelling is what is causing most of the pain.

I had a cup of coffee earlier to alleviate any headaches. But now I'm feeling sleepy. I will try to take a nap now and see how I feel. My next dose of Demerol is not for another hour, and if I can sleep off that hour, I'll be glad! The pain level is now increasing to about a 7. I expect the rest of today and tonight will be the most difficult to get through, but I don't expect the pain to become excruciating...just really uncomfortable.

I'll check back in with an update later.

[Right Foot 28 Hours Post-Surgery. The ACE
Bandage is loosely wrapped.]


~Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment