Thursday, September 22, 2011

Before and After Photos from My First Bunionectomy

Three weeks ago, I had my first Austin Bunionectomy done on my left foot. I thought I would post a before and after picture to help you see what it looks like.

Before
3 Weeks After
The incision is healing well as you can see on the after photo. I currently have NO pain in my left foot, 3 weeks after surgery. I'm able to keep my foot unwrapped at this point and make sure to wear my surgical shoe (not boot) when I'm walking on my foot. There is still a little swelling and redness on the after photo, but this is normal. The incision is still healing. There's still some scabbing left along the top and bottom of the incision, but most of the scabbing has come off. The incision does itch some, but is all part of the healing process. I'm able to bend my big toe, but have some limited mobility in it. I think that as the incision heals, I will be able to move my big toe more. The pin they placed below the big toe joint is permanent and I cannot feel it at all. Overall, I'm very pleased with the surgery and recovery and would highly recommend this to others. I have less pain now in my left foot after surgery, than I did before surgery with the bunion. Hooray!!

I will continue to post on my recovery from my right foot to let you know how that goes!

~Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment