Thursday, September 22, 2011

57 Hours Post-Surgery

So after 2 days with no shower, I decided to take one. I wrapped my leg directly on the skin, above the boot but below the knee, with duct tape. Then I covered the boot with a trash bag and then duct taped the trash bag to the duct tape on my leg. I put a stool in the bathroom with me in case I got dizzy and needed to sit down during my shower. I didn't get dizzy or need the stool. And thankfully, I was successful at keeping my boot and everything dry. I feel clean now, but I'm tired. I was able to stand the whole time on my foot without any pain. But the standing for so long for the first time in 2 days made me tired.

So, now I'm relaxing and eating some supper. I have been keeping up with alternating the 2 Demerol and 2 Ibuprofen every 2 hours, which has proved to be the most successful way of managing my pain. I am excited to say that my pain level is now at a 1. I couldn't be happier with the recovery process!!!

I'll keep you updated.

~Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment