Thursday, September 22, 2011

54 Hours Post-Surgery

Well, since my last post, I've had technical difficulty with my laptop. The keyboard decided to not work correctly, so I've now hooked up another keyboard to my laptop so that I can continue posting.

Yesterday after my last post, my pain level increased to an 8. But after taking the 2 Ibuprofen, the pain decreased to probably a 4. I have been alternating 2 Demerol and 2 Ibuprofen every 2 hours since then. Apparently the Ibuprofen is working wonders!! I have very little swelling, even without icing my foot. And my pain level now is probably a 2. I am able to walk on my foot with the boot without much pain at all. I would have to say that deciding to take the Ibuprofen between doses of Demerol has been the most helpful thing so far. This is something I did not know to try after my first bunionectomy 3 weeks ago and would have been extremely helpful to relieve the pain I was experiencing.

Since I have been able to get my pain level down so low, I've been able to sleep a lot during the last 24 hours. I feel rested and feel that the recovery is going very well.

I'll be checking in again soon to give you another update!

~Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment